EJIL: Live! is the official podcast of the European Journal of International Law (EJIL). Launched in May 2014, EJIL: Live! podcasts are released in both video and audio formats to coincide with the publication of each quarterly issue of the Journal. Video episodes feature an in-depth discussion with one of the authors whose article appears in the issue. Audio episodes include a variety of news, reviews and interviews with the authors of articles.
EJIL: Live Extras! are shorter, in-a-nutshell episodes which address topical and interesting issues.
EJIL: LIVE! VIDEOS AND AUDIO PODCASTS
- Interview with Karen Alter , Professor of Political Science and Law, Northwestern University, Illinois
(2016, vol. 27, no. 2)
- Interview with Robert Howse , Professor of Law at New York University School of Law, on “The World Trade Organization 20 Years On: Global Governance by Judiciary”
(2016, vol. 27, no. 1)
- Interview with Yishai Beer , Professor of Law, Radzyner School of Law, Herzliya Interdisciplinary Center, Israel, on “Humanity Considerations Cannot Reduce War’s Hazards Alone: Revitalizing the Concept of Military Necessity”
(2015, vol. 26, no. 4)
- Interview with Lorna McGregor , University of Essex, on " Alternative Dispute Resolution and Human Rights: Developing a Rights-Based Approach through the ECHR"
(2015, vol. 26, no. 3)
- Interview with Bernard Hoekman , European University Institute on "WTO ‘à la carte’ or ‘menu du jour’? Assessing the Case for More Plurilateral Agreements"
(2015, vol. 26, no. 2)
- Interview with Jan Klabbers , University of Helsinki on "The Transformation of International Organizations Law"
(2015, vol. 26, no. 1)
- Interview with Oisin Suttle , University of Sheffield, on " Equality in Global Commerce: Towards a Political Theory of International Economic Law"
(2014, vol. 25, no. 4)
- Interview with Jan Klabbers , University of Helsinki, on "The Emergence of Functionalism in International Institutional Law: Colonial Inspirations"
(2014, vol. 25, no. 3)
- Interview with Oliver Diggelmann and Tilmann Altwicker , University of Zurich and University of Basel, on "How is Progress Constructed in International Legal Scholarship?"
(2014, vol. 25, no. 2)
- Interview with Maria Aristodemou , Birkbeck School of Law, on "A Constant Craving for Fresh Brains and a Taste for Decaffeinated Neighbours"
(2014, vol. 25, no. 1)
EJIL: LIVE EXTRAS!
- Interview with Anne Orford , Michael D Kirby Professor of International Law and Australian Research Council Future Fellow
- Interview with Doreen Lustig , Lecturer, The Buchmann Faculty of Law, Tel Aviv University
- Interview with Benedict Kingsbury , Professor of Law, NYU Law School and University of Utah; Co-Editor-in-Chief of the American Journal of International Law
- Interview with Martti Koskenniemi , Professor of International Law, University of Helsinki
- Interview with Hilary Charlesworth , Professor and Australian Research Council Laureate Fellow, Australian National University
- Interview with Dapo Akande , Professor of Public International Law, University of Oxford
- Interview with Frédéric Mégret , Associate Professor of Law, and the Canada Research Chair on the Law of Human Rights and Legal Pluralism, McGill University
- Interview with Andrew Clapham , Professor of Public International Law at the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva
- Interview with André Nollkaemper , President of the European Society of International Law on the first 10 years of ESIL
- Interview with Aharon Barak , former President of the Israeli Supreme Court on the Israeli Supreme Court's approach to standing and justiciability
- Interview with Brian Leiter , University of Chicago on whether freedom of religion deserves special protection
- Interview with Dapo Akande and Marko Milanovic , University of Oxford and University of Nottingham, on Serdar Mohammed v. Ministry of Defence